Application for the buildingSMART Professional - Foundation Module Certification exam retake.
About the buildingSMART Professional Certification
The buildingSMART Professional Certification exists to support training organizations to deliver internationally standardized and recognized training content. buildingSMART will not be delivering training itself, but will be defining learning outcomes and managing the approval of training providers and the testing and qualification of individuals. For more details about the program, please visit:https://education.buildingsmart.org/scope/
The BIM Manager Program of GRAPHISOFT is an accredited training by buildingSMART. Those who have certified themselves as Archicad BIM Managers are eligible to take the buildingSMART certification as well. GRAPHISOFT is the only global provider of the training. The certification and quiz are done by buildingSMART on their own platform.
The cost of the exam/certification is governed by buildingSMART and GRAPHISOFT applies those fees without any additional profit for our Archicad Certified BIM Managers.
Please note that you cannot apply for the test through a different provider in your country (if available) without applying for their trainings.
Who should apply?
Those, who want to certify themselves at buildingSMART without attending a special training. Application is optional for this certification.
Rules of the certification
Attendees can sit the test one time only. Upon failure, a new ticket should be purchased. Successful examinees will be awarded their certificate and will be listed in the buildingSMART Professional registry (https://education.buildingsmart.org/registry/).
Examinees must take an exam of 25 multiple-choice single answer questions. Certification threshold is 75% or above. Upon successful exam, certificates are issued immediately by buildingSMART.
Please review all buildingSMART, IFC, MVD, etc. related topics covered in the BIM Manager course for preparation to the exam.
Also, please read through the following articles: https://www.buildingsmart.org/standards/bsi-standards/
How to apply for the buildingSMART Professional Certification - Foundation module?
1. Applications for the certification are handled by GRAPHISOFT through our Learn Portal (http://learn.graphisoft.com). Please navigate to the Catalog -> Online Certificate Exams Folder -> buildingSMART Professional Certification - Foundation Module. This course becomes available if you are part of the Certified BIM Managers Group.
2. After purchase, please submit your email address through the assessment.
3. Within 3 business days, buildingSMART will send you your credentials to their https://qualification.buildingsmart.org/ site.
4. Please log in with your account
5. Send us a message or email about your preferred date for taking the exam.
6. We'll setup the platform to the agreed date for you
7. You can take the test in the agreed timeframe.
8. You certify yourself at buildingSMART
For more information about the program, please contact buildingSMART. If you have questions about the application, ask Szabolcs Kari.